As part of the charity’s 10 year celebrations, we hosted ‘Festiball’, at Abbots Barn within the Food Museum in Stowmarket on the 30 September 2023.
A staggering £15,000* was raised, a testament to the support for The Mix and our youth work.
The money raised was a result of the generosity shown through ticket sales, raffle tickets,and auction prizes. From indulgent afternoon teas to an adventure at Jimmy's Farm, or a luxurious dinner at Gordon Ramsey's River Restaurant at The Savoy Hotel to 4 ball at Gleneagles.
The event was attended by 130 people from local businesses and the vibrant community. Jamie Lee Smith Catering served up a gourmet feast, while Chart Attack UK’s live music filled the air with infectious energy.
'Festiball' was not just an event; it was a fusion of passion, generosity, and unbridled joy. And the best part? All proceeds will directly empower The Mix in our mission to support young people in the community.
To enableus to host this brilliant event, we received generous contributions from some amazing local businesses; Gateway14, Heart of Suffolk Distillery, Associated British Ports (ABP), MediterraneanShipping Company (UK) (MSC), Vaillant UK, The Bildeston Crown, K&T Heating, Metro Supply Chain, Storm International, Danfoss, and Stowmarket Town Council, as well as individual donations.
Raffle prizes generously donated:
· Hollow Trees voucher towards farm trail
· Applaud Coffee Afternoon tea for 2
· Regal Cinema voucher
· Easton Farm Park entry for 2 people
· Colchester Zoo entry for 2 adults and 2 children
· Jimmy's Farm entry voucher
· The New Wolsey Theatre voucher for 2 people for any show
· Pollen and Petal bouquet
· Suffolk Owl Sanctuary free owl adoption + voucher for free admission
· Pallet Bar Voucher
· Shotley Vineyard Bottle of wine
· Jewson NewDrill
· Bury Vets Voucher
· Alpha Physiotherapy Sports massage voucher
· Molls and Dolls Voucher
· Baylham House Rare Breeds Farm. Family entrance ticket for 2 adults and 3 children.
· Mid Suffolk Physiotherapy 45mins physio
· Nails by Naomi in Combs Nail voucher £50
· Co-op vouchers
· Goudy’s free MOT
· Purity Beauty 30min treatment voucher
· Muntons brewery kit 40 pint Woodforde’s Craft Brewing starter kit
· Pawtraits voucher with Kerry
· Galloway £100 voucher
· Boiler service and M&S hamper
· Lindt chocolate box from Asda
Auction prizes were donated by:
· Fisher’s Gin Distillery tour and tasting experience for four people.
· Foxhills Country Club round of golf for four people donated by Fernox.
· Dinner for two at Gordan Ramsey’s River Restaurant at The Savoy Hotel donated by Jonathan Hayes.
· Ipswich Town Football Club signed shirt and pennant donated by Matthew Lockwood.
· Ipswich Town Football Club pitch side box for eight people donated by Matthew Lockwood.
· Jamie Lee Smith catering for 10 people.
· Up at the O2 90 minute experience donated by Storm International.
· Signed Arsenal Football Club shirt donated by Storm International.
· Arsenal Football Club stadium tour tickets for two people donated by Storm International.
· Petportrait and signed Antarctica photography book donated by Kerry Brundell and Jamie Hawkesworth.
· Bildeston Crown dinner for two people.
· Leicester City Football Club stadium tour tickets for eight people and signed football donated by Storm International.
· Seven nights in a French Alpine resort for 10 people during June-August donated by David and Nicci.
· 4ball round of gold at Gleneagles Kings Course, Queens Course, or PGA Centenary Course donate by Everwarm, part of the Sureserve Group.
· Tottenham Football Club signed pennant donate by Storm International.
· Felixstowe beach package – Beach hut hire for one day plus Fludyer’s Hotel one night stay and dine, donated by The Mix trustees.
· The Marquis in Layham dinner, money behind the bar for drinks, one night’s stay and breakfast, donated by Proserve Consultants Ltd.
· Chelsea Football Club signed shirt and football donated by Storm International.
· Ronaldo Nazário signed photo donated by Matthew Lockwood.
You can view photos from the event via our Flickr account.
To donate to our charity anytime of the year, or to donate to a specific programme, please get in touch with our fundraising and marketing coordinator, Rose@themixstowmarket.co.uk.
Photos were taken by some of The Mix team and one of our young people Jordan Gardiner. https://jordangardiner.uk/work
*Initially we knew we had raised over £14k, but due to some late donations we tipped over into £15k raised.
Watch the video from the event: