“ Giving every young person a voice & making every young persons voice heard ”
As a group we exist to ensure that young people lead the mix, to help us lead our own lives and to make a way for all young people to be valued, heard and empowered.
In the last year we have:
- Written, directed and produced 3 videos to help people have conversations around and stay safe with some of the issues around child sexual exploitation... you can watch them here by the way.
- Met weekly as a team (including some of the wider Mix youth work team) to review how The Mix is doing and decide what we need to change, stop or start.
- Looked at the subject of 'Youth Leadership' & and what role we can have or want within The Mix and for young people locally.
Most recently we have been planning our agenda for 2017 / 2018 and have decided on these for our focus going forward.
- The creation of a You Tube channel
- Providing more opportunities for people to join Mixed Voice
- A peer mentoring programme
- Developing promotional material so people know who we are
If you would like to know more about what we do and why please give us a ring on 01449 745 130